Public relation and my personality

 


Three years journey

I just graduated from my major, “public relation” (PR). I had no idea what PR is and what it does in life! I studied it for three years at LIU (Lebanese International University). These three years passed so quickly but also, three years had a great way to impact on my personality. I became a person who’s proud of myself.

I am a shy dependent one who finds difficulty in talking, asking, and communicating. When I went to register a major I had no idea about it (PR), then after that, the PR advisor had explained briefly about it for a moment I felt excited because I wanted to be an independent person with a strong personality, but also at the same time, I felt hesitated in my thoughts.

Public relations can present a speech (all types of speech), organize an event, communicate with others, builds relations, and can be a manager assistant, in addition to these specialized electives courses such as advertising pitching, theatre, acting, etc.

All these oblige me to move out of my box (comfort zone). It is a tough thing; when you not good at these nor dares to do it but at the same time you didn’t change your mind. It was a great and big challenge for me!

 

How did public relations improve my personality?

At first, I felt that I’m not the right person to this specialize and I felt its heaviness on me, giving up was all inside my mind, then I remembered my aim which is why I said yes to such a major.

And when I started my first courses that ask us to present in front of others, I felt nervous, turned reddish, start trembling, with some sweat. And each time when I get up to presentation or to talk about a specific subject/topic, I get up to find myself braver than before. Also, we got many activities, a responsibility to do. For example: in organizing an event in our University, or a planner in a store or a company.

Whenever I go back to memories, I start laughing with proud feelings. Proud because I broke the limits, the barriers, and my fears, and I faced them! PR turned me to a new person with a strong personality, who has no more fear of presenting, or communicating, or even acting. It made me get over these. And the most important thing is I became an independent person. Who believe in me and trust myself in every decision or mission I got. You become a responsible person and make you know what you want.

It made me know myself more, what I’m good at and what do I like to do like I’ve found my love of writing from it!

I didn’t imagine that such a major could change and make me another person, proudly!

And yet the journey is about to start!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 Important Health Benefits Of Spinach + Nutrition Facts

Life Goes On!!

Benefits of Deep Breathing Exercises